Monday, March 11, 2019

Date Night!

Date nights are a rarity in our house, if you're counting the outside-the-house variety. Saturday evening, my husband and I planned to go out and see Captain Marvel in theaters together. It wasn't actually just the two of us; all the couples from our life group went to see it, but it still counted as a date since we left the kids home with a baby sitter. It was our first kid-free outing as a couple since October, and it felt good. Nobody had to holler at bickering kids in the back seat. Nobody had to turn the radio up or down because it was too quiet or too loud. Nobody had to whisper a conversation because the topic was potentially too sensitive for little ears. Nothing. And it was glorious.

The movie itself wasn't as action-packed as a typical Marvel movie, but I did enjoy it. I'm a fan of Marvel movies--about the only movies my husband and I have in common--and I liked it. Some have complained that it wasn't as good as other movies they've made, but it's not the last time we'll see Captain Marvel. She will return in the next Avengers movie, and I am thankful for the back story provided. Plus it took place during 1995, so the soundtrack was thoroughly enjoyable! If you like superhero movies, you should go see it, too. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to go out on a date! I remember when the kids were small how hard it was to spend any waking moment with their dad. Take advantage of the time you have when the children are away!!!!

    ReplyDelete