Sunday, March 17, 2019

Family Cookout

I love Sundays. I love Sundays even more when I have Monday off. It just makes the day that much more relaxing when I know the following day is yet another family day.

Today we took the opportunity to drive a little way across the Kansas border to Travis' parents' house in Neodesha. Since the weather has been warming up, the dogs needed a makeover to be rid of their winter coat, and my in laws have professional-grade hair clippers that they use in conjunction with their dog kennel. My mother-in-law and I worked together to get the dogs cleaned up while my kids picked up branches in the expansive yard and my father-in-law got burgers and dogs on the grill. Once the necessary cleaning was done, we all went inside to relax and enjoy the food.

After everyone ate, the kids put on swimsuits and hung out in the hot tub for a bit. Then everyone came inside to play a bit longer before we had to say goodbye and hit the road for the drive home.

It's always a fun time going to visit my in laws, and today was no exception as we enjoyed the first official cookout of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment