Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Holidays

Here's a list of holidays I love:

1. Christmas - it's a favorite of many people, and I love it, too. As a kid I loved waking up early and opening presents, but as a mom I love watching my kids open theirs. I do still love opening presents, don't get me wrong, but it's such an enjoyment watching them.

2. Easter - I love Easter church service and the festivities involved, including watching my kids hunt for candy-filled eggs and opening their Easter baskets.

3. Flag Day - This one isn't quite as well known or well loved as the previous two. However, I love history, and I was even Betsy Ross for Halloween in 3rd grade (that year everyone had to be someone from history). Plus, Evelyn was born on Flag Day, and if you ask her when her birthday is, she'll tell you, "June 14th, Flag Day." Not just anyone gets to share their birthday with a real holiday, and since it's not one known for presents, she doesn't end up feeling cheated, making it all the more fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love all holidays and the significance behind them, but if I had to choose my top three, I would pick Thanksgiving, Halloween, and New Years.

    ReplyDelete