Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Being Adventurous

I think I'm a pretty fun gal, at least when in small groups.  But I'm not super adventurous.  Occasionally, however, I get a wild hair and do something outside of my comfort zone.  One such time was last summer when we spontaneously went on vacation.  Usually "vacation" means going to Branson for a couple days, visiting Silver Dollar City, doing a little shopping, and having fun as a family.  But last summer I decided all of a sudden we should go somewhere new for vacation.  On a Sunday evening I brought up San Antonio as an option, took a crash course in San Antonio attractions/things to do over the next couple of days, and we hit the road that Friday.  Wowzers!  That was super strange for me, but thankfully my husband is super chill and just went with it.

This week I got a new wild hair.  Well, wild for me.  I'm super comfortable with staying hotels, but it was suggested to me to try to find a listing on Airbnb for our quick overnight this weekend.  So I did!  I'm so excited!  It's a downstairs "apartment" of a house with a separate entrance, not too far from the neighborhood in which I grew up, and it's only $54, including fees.  Can't beat that with a stick!  Anyway, I'd never booked with Airbnb, obviously, so when I submitted my booking request I had to wait for the owner to confirm.  I didn't realize that was part of the process, so the 30-ish minutes I had to wait (the site said it could take up to 24 hours to get a confirmation) was so nerve-wracking!  I felt like a prepubescent kid who sent a folded up note with "I like you.  Do you like me?  Circle yes or no" written on it and was waiting for a response!  Holy moly was I delighted when I got the confirmation.  It seems silly, but it was thrilling!

Maybe I'll start being adventurous more often.  Or not (trust me, there were some serious snafus during our San Antonio vacation...maybe that'll be tomorrow's blog).

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I am excited to hear how the weekend stay goes! Very exciting...I have only done that once in Osawatomie years ago. The mention of the folded up note cracked me up...those were the days!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use Airbnb all the time. Hopefully, your experience is good because we have had some awesome places!

    ReplyDelete