Saturday, March 10, 2018

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Haha, just kidding!  I'm allergic to chicken, so I didn't eat it for dinner.  But I did win something!

I don't typically consider myself to be a "lucky" person, but I was chosen as the WC Top Chef week 4 winner yesterday.  To say I was surprised would be an understatement.  I don't do well with surprises.  I love the idea of them, but I embarrass quite easily, as evidenced by the fact that my face was literally as red as the shirt I wore yesterday.  I'm a rather type-A person and like organization (although I'm an "organized chaos" type of person if you want to know the truth).  Anyway, I digress. 

My principals, a superintendent, several WC Foundation members, and most of our district's instructional coaches descended on my classroom yesterday around noon to announce me as the weekly big prize winner.  At first I wasn't sure what to spend my $150 on, but then my brain kicked in and reminded me that I have a list of things I could use it on in my classroom.  Every year, starting in the fall, I start a list of to-buy items for my classroom so that in the spring when I'm making my classroom order I'm not scrambling and unprepared.  Now to make my selections... :)

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry I wasn't there! I am so super excited for you, and I love that you are worried about turning red. My entire chest turns red when I am excited, mad, or sad. My cheer squad once thought they were in trouble at practice, and actually, I had just been laughing with my colleagues before practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sara!!! You so deserve this recognition!

    ReplyDelete