Monday, March 12, 2018

So sleepy

I did alright yesterday with the time change, but man am I tired today.  I don't always drink coffee, in fact I usually don't, but today it seemed to be a necessity of life.  So, here's a little poem for you.

Caffeine, sweet caffeine
Oh, how tired I am before drinking it
Finally, it is ready
Full, rich taste
Extremely hot when first made
Enjoy drinking it with my husband on a leisurely Saturday morning

I wasn't a coffee drinker until earlier this school year.  I tried liking it for years, but I just couldn't do it.  Now I like it, but I don't LOVE it like my husband; he can drink two pots in a day.  He started drinking it off and on at a fairly young age with his dad (around early teens).  On the other hand, my parents are not coffee drinkers, so I didn't grow up around it.  It's taken over 11 years of marriage for me to acquire the taste, but now it's something we can enjoy together when we have a weekend morning to relax, either an empty Saturday (or after I return from a long run) or an early Sunday morning before church.

2 comments:

  1. It was a staple in my house. I actually started drinking it around 9, lol! In elementary school my parents would ship me down to spend a few weeks, sometimes a month with my grandparents. They ALWAYS had a pot brewing (usually decaf). Grandma would make breakfast and sit out a cup of milk or juice alongside a cup of coffee. This probably explains why I prefer a strong (almost bitter) brew with 1/2 and 1/2 ... I don't know many people my age or younger who drink 1/2 and 1/2 in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have to doctor mine, at least with Truvia. I prefer half and half or cream in it as well, but I can't do the bitter flavor. :)

      Delete