Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Blank Space

All day long my blog editor space has stayed a blank space, until now.  It's not because I didn't want to write or even that I didn't have any bright ideas on what to write about.  Mostly it was because I had my students' slice journals to read through and catch up on.  It wouldn't be a big deal, but I only see each class once a week, and half of them forgot their journal last week, so I had a LOT more entries to read through than normal.

I'm having my students write an acrostic poem about a word/phrase/character related to the book they are currently reading in their literature circles.  Because of that, I decided to do one myself.

Mourning the loss of her daughter
A resident of Hope's Crossing
Unbelieving that her HS boyfriend has returned to town
Reliant on others to help her with her store
A business owner of a book store and coffee shop

(This is the main character of the book Sweet Laurel Falls in the Hope's Crossing series by RaeAnne Thayne.)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice...makes me want to read a little more of that book!!!

    ReplyDelete