Sunday, March 18, 2018

March Madness

I don't like basketball.  Not really.  I played in grades 6-8, but that's mostly because I participated in pretty much any sport that was available to me.  (For example, in 7th and 8th grades during the spring, I had middle school track practice 5 days a week, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I went to soccer practice right after track and softball right after soccer since I played on travel teams for both of those sports.)  Anyway, I digress. 

I don't fill out a bracket, and I don't pay attention to who wins or loses during March Madness beyond what is posted on Facebook by friends.  According to the almighty Facebook, my K-State Wildcats won over UMBC (who just upset #1 seed Virginia the other day--also news from Facebook).  I'm glad for them, but as much as I love my 'Cats (EMAW), I have no intention of watching them play; the incessant timeouts and squeaky shoes drive me bonkers.  So much so that even though I love my kids with a seemingly immeasurable amount of love, I might have to draw the line at basketball.  So, here's to hoping they forever are content with playing sports other than b-ball.

Maybe I should have told you how I really feel... :D

1 comment:

  1. I don't care for all the timeouts...and now they have media timeouts...it is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete