Friday, March 16, 2018

Finally Friday!

I am soooo excited that it's Friday.  Today, shortly after 3:00 (CST) spring break shall begin.  I don't have any grand plans, but that's okay.  I enjoy staying home.  I hear about vacations and exotic locations around the globe and think, "Wow, it would be so cool to go there," but those travel plans just never seem to happen.  Travel is expensive, although there are ways to do it more affordably, but the crux of the matter is that I'm a homebody.  I have been to Mexico on a mission trip twice.  I've also visited Paraguay and Brazil.  I did a two-week teaching internship at a bilingual school in Paraguay and took a weekend trip with our group into Brazil to see gorgeous waterfalls in the rain forest.  All of that aside, traveling into the unknown--or at least what is unknown to me--is uncomfortable.  All of those times I traveled widely I was with others and most definitely not in charge.  I think one day I'd like to travel more, but it will be after lots of research and picking the brains of others because I don't fly by the seat of my pants in situations like that.

Happy spring break!!

2 comments:

  1. I suffer from wonderlust. I love to travel and I love venturing into the unknown. But not for spring break. OCC used to call it Week of E (E for evangilism) they sponsored several missions trips. Going on a trip on spring break has never appealed to me. If I'm going to travel I don't want to be hemmed in by a tight schedule. I think that cuts down on the enjoyment of it. I think once I retire I might just hitch up an RV and travel the country, or save up frequent flyer miles and go where ever the wind takes me.

    I hope your Spring break is relaxing, what ever you do to fill your time!
    BTW I LOVE that you used "crux of the matter!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go on trips, but I am usually the one researching all the information, directions, etc. so I feel more comfortable going to places :)

    ReplyDelete