Thursday, March 22, 2018

Favorite Television Shows

Here are some of my favorite TV shows (aside from British historical shows, which I talked about in a previous blog post):


  • Psych - this is a hilarious show about a goofy guy who is hyper-observant and helps solve crimes by pretending to be psychic (and he successfully fools the local PD that he has psychic abilities)
  • Baking championship shows (spring, Christmas, kids', British, etc.) - I love watching them come up with new twists on desserts to meet the challenges, but I'm especially impressed by the kids' version of the show and the British version.  The kids' one fascinates me because their skill level is amazing considering their age.  I enjoy the British ones because their sense of camaraderie and how positive they are toward each other is amazing.  Sometimes the competition between competitors on the American versions borders hateful with their trash talking and such, but the British contestants always speak in a supportive, kind manner toward their competition.  You can tell that they each want to win, but they do it with a level of grace that you sometimes miss out on with our domestic competition shows.
  • Rehab Addict - I like a lot of renovation shows, but Nicole Curtis (the renovator/designer of the show) is this tiny spitfire who isn't afraid to get in there and do the hard work needed for a renovation.  I also admire the fact that she does what she can to preserve the integrity of the old homes she's rehabbing. 
There are others, but those are a few I can enjoy most any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment