Thursday, March 29, 2018

Taking it Back, Old School

Well, to some of my readers (there are about 3 of you), Disney Channel in the 1990's isn't really "old school," but to me it is.  I miss the monthly (or something like that) made-for-TV movies that would come out.  They were cheesy as all get out, and somewhat predictable, but I sure enjoyed them!  Probably the biggest and well-known was High School Musical.  It's classic, really.  I loved that one so much that when I was getting married, my bachelorette party consisted of three things: dinner out with my bridesmaids, baking chocolate chip cookies, and watching High School Musical on DVD.  Seriously.

I suppose my love for those movies helped fuel my love for Hallmark movies.  They're much the same in my book, just with older actors.  The storylines are similar, and the acting isn't always the best, BUT I'm okay with that.  They're fantastic for a lazy Sunday afternoon or when I'm crafting or folding laundry.  If I miss a bit of dialogue or have to pop out of the room for a bit, it's probably not going to affect my understanding of the plot.  They're quite perfect in that respect.  My husband rolls his eyes when I watch them because he says they're pointless.  You know within three minutes who will end up with whom.  True though that may be, they're happy and enjoyable, and my kids love them, too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment