Monday, March 27, 2017

Empty

I don't know how I am still crying. Surely the tears should all be gone by now.

Almost two weeks ago we lost an amazing man of God who touched our family in immeasurable ways by ministering to our kids as well as being a phenomenal example of what it means to live life for Christ.  Steve was one of the founding members of our church when it started.  That was almost 10 years before I started going there, but his love for Christ and his belief in the local body and how it can touch lives was exemplified daily.  His celebration of life ceremony was a week ago yesterday.

Then came yesterday. Like Steve, there are just some people who when you meet them, you know they KNOW Jesus and love him well. Kevin was one such person. His smile, his countenance, and his presence shone the love and light of Christ to all he met.  He had the most caring servant's heart, and he loved the people he worked with and the kids of our school so much.  Even though I've not been at WCMS during the school year for even a full year, Kevin has made such a positive impact on me for quite a few years during summer school, and I can honestly say there's a big hole now at our school.  Kevin was a wonderful friend, and he will be greatly missed.

I feel so empty right now, and truly didn't even want to blog today.  I know putting my feelings into words is healthy and good, but my heart just hurts so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment