Thursday, March 2, 2017

Life Happens

Here we are, day 2 of the Slice of Life for 2017, and I had a plan for what I was going to write about.  It may have been a great plan, or it could have flopped, but either way I'll save it for another day.  Then life happened.  I was not even a mile from my house when my cell phone rang...the husband was calling.  My first instinct was our son forgot his lunch.  It's happened a time or two, and with his gluten issue, getting a lunch tray isn't the easiest thing in the world.  I asked him if he forgot it, but thankfully he had it and that wasn't the issue.  The issue was worse.  My husband's car wouldn't start.  So, I found a place to turn around and head back home.  He's already got the jumper cables out so we could (well, he could--I stayed in my van) jump his car.  No dice.  Since it wouldn't start at all, I quickly retrieved the three-year-old from his car, put her in mine while the husband got in the passenger seat, and off we went.

My word for this year is "rejoice."  I should know better than to get to deep into my thinking because just this morning, as I was getting ready I was reflecting on how I'm not sure I've done as much rejoicing in my life as I should.  That maybe I'm still complaining as much as before.  Well, as God often does, He provides just what we need in His timing to cause us to draw near to Him.  So, as we drove to school, as a now-one-vehicle family, I rejoiced in the fact that we still have a working vehicle, we're all safe and healthy, and we got a bit of extra togetherness time today.  And in that, I rejoice!

3 comments:

  1. That kind of stuff will definitely put a kink into your day and also make you grateful for all the things you take for granted day to day. If you need any help running kids this week with only one car, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to 'find the awesome' when life keeps throwing us curveballs, but I love your resolve to find something to rejoice in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reminder to rejoice and notice the blessings we have!! Thank you for posting this...I needed it!!

    ReplyDelete