Thursday, March 16, 2017

Riding the Missouri Express

All aboard!

I've never ridden an actual train--I don't consider the train ride at Silver Dollar City an "actual" train.  However, I think it would be fun!  It would be neat to watch the scenery pass by the windows, feel the starts and stops of the motion of the train, and to have the time to spend with friends or family.  I'm sure at some point in time while on the train, though, I would have to say, "You forgot your flash drive, you forgot your flash drive," over and over.  (Anyone know the show that's from?)

Regardless of not having ridden an actual train, this past Tuesday I got to "ride" the Missouri Express all around the state teaching about Missouri history.  That's what the fourth grade program is in Webb City.  I have played Ms. Dogwood for the past several years, and even though I'm no longer a fourth grade teacher, I was asked if I would come back and reprise my role.  Of course I said yes!  Having come from Kansas to teach in Missouri, it taught me a LOT the first year or so that I taught fourth grade and listened to all of the speaking parts and narration.  I enjoy going through the play every year, and this year was no different!

1 comment:

  1. Aah, the Missouri program! Quite the production! I love how you described what you imagined a "real" train ride to be in the first paragraph!

    ReplyDelete