Thursday, March 23, 2017

Freedom!

I've never seen Braveheart, but I know the part where he yells "Freedom!" at the top of his lungs.  That's kind of how I feel right now.  I love my children, but when we left Memaw and Papa's house (and left the kids behind), I felt a sweet sense of freedom.  Now, we don't get to do a whole lot of fun stuff while we are without the kids, but a bit of fun was in order.

Tonight after we returned to town we went to dinner at Cafe Del Rio.  My fish tacos were so yummy!  Then we decided to go see the new Power Rangers movie.  Wow!  It was very action packed.  There were quite a few places where we laughed, and I was feeling very nostalgic about Kimberly because in the 3rd grade I wanted to be her.  One of the reasons we went to see it was because our children enjoy watching the TV shows of the Power Rangers (all 852 variations, or some such number, haha!).  With a PG-13 rating we were definitely wanting to screen it before deciding if they could or could not go.  And...they are NOT going to go see it.  There was quite a bit of language and Rita Repulsa was SUPER creepy as she was coming back to life.  I'm certain it would give our kids nightmares, and we're okay being the "mean parents" who don't let their kids see things we think they just aren't ready for.  They're only kids once!

Well, I'm signing off because we have to be at the hospital at 6 AM tomorrow for the husband's lapro knee surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment