Saturday, March 4, 2017

Summer Dreams

Summer dreams, ripped at the seams...  Know the song and/or the movie it comes from?

I know it's not summer, but I do have strange dreams sometimes, and last night's dreams put me smack dab in the middle of a performance of Grease, which is where that song lyric comes from.  I'm a closet thespian.  I always dreamed of being on stage, performing dazzling diva roles, but it never happened.  I never even tried out for a role in a play in junior high or high school.  I've always been afraid to fail, so I didn't put myself out there.  But I digress.

Last night's dream seems random to some, but I think it makes perfect sense.  Today was the Fabulous 50s festival at Webster, where my daughter goes to school.  They performed, a few classes at a time, several hits reminiscent of the 1950s, and it was a hoot.  My mind was thinking of poodle skirts, rolled up jeans, white t-shirts, and leather jackets all week leading up to the big day, so a Grease-inspired dream was bound to happen.

I'm signing off to spend more time with my family because they're pretty keen!

1 comment:

  1. I hate acting! I can't do it. I can put on a show in my classroom, but that is way different than playing a part. Funny dream!!

    ReplyDelete