Wednesday, March 1, 2017

First blog post...

So, I'll be honest, I don't like to write.  I may or may not admit that in person, but here it is in permanent digital format.  Give me a research essay any day because with that there is right and wrong.  That type of writing isn't me, and it's not vulnerable.  I don't like putting myself out there, but with this Slice of Life challenge I will attempt to do just that...for 31 days.

I'm sorely tempted right now to make an acrostic poem with my name because that would eat up the remainder of today's lines, but I'd hate to waste an "easy out" on the first day.  I'm also one who has high expectations of self, so if my students can do this, so can I.

I am thankful for WCMS and how welcomed I feel by the staff.  Changing to a new building and a new position has been a challenge, but one I truly felt ready for.  I have a passion for teaching gifted kids and sparking newer and deeper learning, so this change has been an easy transition, regardless of little hurdles that have popped up.

Well...I have surpassed 10 lines.  See you tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only teacher nervous about slicing. I wouldn't have judged you if you decided to make an acrostic poem, although, you wouldn't have reached your 10 lines unless you included a middle initial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the vulnerability of writing. It is a little scary! And just so you know, it's okay to break out the occasional acrostic poem when needed. If that doesn't work, you can steal my post about "Smells that Make me Smile." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save that acrostic poem for a hard day. The first week is easy!!! It gets harder on day 20-25!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you make it 31 days without doing at least one acrostic, you're going to set a record. I finish with a few of those! There is absolutely no shame in a haiku poem either. Nobody slicing is going to judge! I'm glad you're taking the challenge. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete