Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday Funday

Yay for Friday!!!

I love Fridays, and not just because it's the end of the workweek.  Most Fridays my kids and I go to the public library on Friday afternoons.  It's a fun outing and they absolutely love it.  They enjoy picking out books to read, as well as the occasional video game or movie.

Last Friday when we went the two big kids were able to sign up for their own library card.  It seemed to be the thrill of their life!  Coltin has kept his in his "billfold" (as his daddy calls it) ever since and reminded me this morning that he has it there ready to go.  Adelyn left hers on her dresser, so it's a good thing we're running home after school before heading to the library!  As they were getting their library cards I kept thinking back to the chapter in the Beverly Cleary book where Ramona wants a library card but is too young, and she writes a whole string of lowercase Is and Ts to "sign" her name to prove she's big enough after all.  Evelyn was sad she couldn't get a library card because, like Ramona, she is too young.  At least Evelyn isn't quite the hot mess Ramona is.  Haha!

Anyway, to top off my fun Friday tonight I'm going with some friends to see the new Beauty and the Beast and I absolutely cannot wait!  If I were a Disney princess, I would be Belle.  I have the right color of hair, love of books, and slightly awkward social presence in large groups (HA!).  I was made to be her.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment